Saturday, January 10, 2015

Kickin' the year off!

So it's barely the 2nd week of the year and we've already had 1 child down with a virus. My oldest, Emma, quite possibly has the flu. She's battling a fever and upper respiratory infection which took her out of school for most of last week. Today, the fever is back. :( Really hoping this passes quickly and it does not wipe out the rest of the house.

Monday my classes start again. I'm taking a Contemporary Issues in Human Behavior class and based on the syllabus it doesn't look like it's going to be "fun." Honestly, I am getting very burnt out with school work since I have been going part time (with a few breaks) since I graduated high school. Education is very important to me and I will keep pushing through, but each quarter that comes up makes me want to cry.

This week I have been thinking about our budget and debt a lot. I am serious about being more thrifty this year, and using the savings to reduce our debt. It's such a hard thing to stay focused on because I have no qualms admitting that I have a shopping problem. But the future will be much brighter and less stressful if we stick to this and make it work. This evening I have been checking out bulk purchases through Amazon. Since I am a Prime member (and strongly believe everyone should be) I get free 2 day shipping on most everything I purchase. I want to start buying a lot of our household products in bulk to help reduce costs in that area.

Please post any blog recommendations you have about living thrifty and saving money. I'm ready to take a few steps down off the frivolous ladder!

That's all for now!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment